Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Wokun's Sith Alchemy Experaments

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Bek

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2016-01-01

Wokun's Sith Alchemy Experaments Empty
PostSubject: Wokun's Sith Alchemy Experaments   Wokun's Sith Alchemy Experaments Icon_minitimeSun Jan 24, 2016 5:37 am

EXPERIMENT I - TITANSABER
Wokun got his claws on a spray TITAN sample.  Though most of it will probably be going to the intelligence division.  But as a practitioner of Sith Alchemy, he is definitely going to run a few experiments with whatever samples he can keep....with or without the ID's knowledge.

The main thing he is likely going to do is along the lines of crystal modification.  He wants to create different crystals with unique properties depending on what he can find to modify them with.  

So of course, he is going to try and modify a crystal using the sample of TITAN that he found.

I do not know what that specific spray does, but TITAN seems to be about disrupting or dampening the force.  Brainstorming on a possibility was a blade that disrupts the force ether on whoever it cuts, or perhaps in an area around the blade.  I do not know what the outcome of the experiment is or how Wokun would use it once he figures it out.  Thus the whole point of it being an experiment lol.

This is more just RPing out what he would do with the substance he found.  You can tell me it doesn't work at all.  You can say that there are X number of optional outcomes that can be chosen due to how intent in magic/force/alchemy shape work.  Or you can say "It does this.  Deal with it how you will, noob".  And of course, the actual experiment will be RPd if anyone is at all interested in pestering him as he does it.

The only thing I prefer is not having a "It does ____, but due to nature of ____ it only has # of times it can be used before it shatters/stops working."  Rather have it not work at all or be weaker than have charges in a swand.

I don't think it will be overall too powerful if it does dampen force around it or upon weapon hit.  The only time that will come into play is if he is fighting a force-user, which they are suppose to be working together to face the Republic. An area of dampened force would hit him as well as any allies too close to him.  And also, he already has Sith Poison that is designed to do that exact thing.

So yeah, any ideas would be appreciated.  And perhaps any ideas on how that might alter the look of the blade if it works would be awesome, cause you know the main reason he is doing it is for the awesome looking weapon haha.

Last edited by Bek on Tue Jan 26, 2016 7:35 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Wilowchehuckt
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Wilowchehuckt

Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2011-06-28

PostSubject: Re: Wokun's Sith Alchemy Experaments   Wokun's Sith Alchemy Experaments Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2016 4:38 am

It would be very interesting if he somehow was inspired by the way the liquid TITAN works to create a blade that can disrupt the Force around it, i.e. literally slice through telekinetic bursts in the Force, put it between a Force Wound / lightning and himself, etc. In terms of rolling to overpower it, I would put it at class I TITAN. The effectiveness of the liquid TITAN was it being injected into the body.

I would rule only one crystal being made this way, as it would functionally be something that cuts wounds in the Force. Miniature, easily healed wounds, but still. The limit would be because he is transferring the function of the liquid to a crystal. The liquid itself is not really something that can sustain itself for long once activated, so he would be transferring its function to a crystal with an external power source that is replaceable.

I can see creative uses for this kind of function.

The balance is, of course, his inability to really use the Force to guide his blade, since it would be dampening the Force around it. His reflexes would be fine, but honestly, the cybernetics in his built arm would probably wield it better than his regular arm due to no Force aid affecting it, which is very important for Force Sensitive combatants. This can be argued.

Once he gets better at Sith Alchemy, perhaps he can project a bit of the dampening through the air at opponents.

I would say it could make the blade take on a dull gray color and feel cold, rather than hot. It would still burn, but the fact that it's dampening the Force would make anyone who is touched by the Force feel cold.
Back to top Go down
Bek

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2016-01-01

PostSubject: Re: Wokun's Sith Alchemy Experaments   Wokun's Sith Alchemy Experaments Icon_minitimeTue Jan 26, 2016 7:59 am

I like the cold idea. And yeah, only intend 1 to be made. He isn't going to pass it off to others (though it might be stolen). I imagine him over time gathering unique self-made sabers that he carries around, Grievous style. So when I put a saber idea here, it is ether 1, a blade he is only making for his own use, or 2 a commission from another for him to make. He may, at that point, copy the effect and make his own of that saber but he will not start throwing them everywhere. Sith Alchemy comes with a price. And if others want something from him, a price will have to be paid.
Anyway, I changed the title of this thread to include all the other things Wokun will work on. Weather they are accepted or not will not change the fact that he works on them, but getting approval will allow me to finish some of them over time and with proper preparation.
Anyway, listing them by number so that its easier to keep track of.

EXPERIMENT II - Force Stealth
This isn't like the ability. Dark Force is hard to hide. Force users just...know its there. Wokun is researching a way he can use Sith Alchemy to create an object that will hide the force presence of someone. Not dampen it, weaken it, exc. But make it hard to find through most common means. This would be put around or in some place which masks the presence of Dark Energy in that area. Feel free to comment or brainstorm.

EXPERIMENT III - Sith Machines
The Sith Pureblood race has an interesting symbiotic relationship with the Dark Side. They receive nourishment from the dark side, and in turn strengthen it. Wokun is looking for a way to give that ability to machinery. No need for plugging into a generator. The machine would power itself off the Dark Side, and again in turn strengthen it in return.
He is using his own blood as a focus for the experiment. If you want a certain effect, you use something with that effect. Otherwise things get complicated.
This is mostly him wanting to have equipment that never needs to worry about batteries, but this may lead to an interesting character in the future. A droid that was given this ability, the dark side feeding and influencing his circuits, conflicting with their programming. Perhaps gaining not true force-like abilities, but able to lash out with it. Hah, imagine a Dark Side-fueled Pit Droid xD. Any unique capabilities of a droid that has gone through this procedure would be up for discussion at that point. It is just an idea that stemmed from an idea.
But no, this will not lead to him just giving that ability to organic people. Machines and Organics work different (though both have been the target of Sith Alchemy). And if there is a request for that, it would need to be cleared with the moderators, and quite a bit of study/experimentation done to "safely" perform it on another. Which will of course come with costs. And...well, as Sith Alchemy has been used to modify living creatures with interesting results in the past, who knows what little modifications might be added to a subject who submits themselves to the change... *evil laugh punctuated by lightning*
Back to top Go down
Wilowchehuckt
Jedi Master
Jedi Master
Wilowchehuckt

Number of posts : 95
Registration date : 2011-06-28

PostSubject: Re: Wokun's Sith Alchemy Experaments   Wokun's Sith Alchemy Experaments Icon_minitimeWed Jan 27, 2016 9:57 pm

II - Interesting. I'd have to think about how this would affect RP. I'd find it hard to be "abused" by players until they are about 4-5 star level. That being said, it would probably have to be something stationary. And it definitely cannot be powered by III. However, with the extend of creator freedom we're having with TITAN, I may have to say no to allowing more applications of technology manipulating the Force so much unless it is outright preventing it from being there instead of just undetectable.

III - First of all, I do not see myself ever accepting this on a huge scale. For small devices, sure, maybe. Or a droid that works in an area influenced by the Dark Side. But as soon as someone brings the The Light in, it's kaputt. Gone. I am also not too keen on the idea of a droid lashing out with the Force. In a typical setting, I do not feel these devices would work. Only if they are something worn by a Dark Side user (so it's close to their darkiness) would I say it works in a typical environment aside from a place touched by the Dark Side. You would be hard pressed to make this practical.

I can see examples of this existing in Sith Holocrons, requiring a nudge with the Dark Side to open. But not full on heavy machinery or droids performing something beyond a simple task. Sith Alchemy is how one would strengthen machine by the power of the Dark Side, but I do not see it just keeping it powered without considering the fact that a good whoosh of Light may break it or even convert it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wokun's Sith Alchemy Experaments   Wokun's Sith Alchemy Experaments Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wokun's Sith Alchemy Experaments
Page 1 of 1